A little bit about gratitude....
This past week has been one of the most exciting weeks in my little business's life. I was nominated for the Lemonade & Lenses "Favorite Designer" award (WHAT?!) along with some of the best designers in the industry. To have my name listed with theirs is an extreme honor and I'm so grateful.
What makes this nomination so amazing is that I haven't officially launched the design division of Laura Kathryn Creative. I'm BEYOND grateful for this nomination and am humbled that my work has been noticed before I've technically claimed the title "designer" in this industry. 2014 is going to be MY YEAR and I'm so excited for the beautiful things in store. You can read more about my 2014 plans here.
I'm the first to admit that being in a "planning for the future" mode is exciting. I'm the queen of making lists and lists and more lists about my goals, dreams, to-dos, ect. Maybe it is just the smell of fall candles in the air, but I've recently been reminded of the power of gratitude.
Gratitude = happiness. It's taking the time to DAILY reflect and physically say THANK YOU. Why is the act of being thankful limited to one holiday a year?
On my "I'm grateful for" list today...
1. A little one that reminds me daily to be curious & joyful about the simple things.
2. A Sunday afternoon spent "at rest" - aka - watching football with Alex
3. The smell of our fantabulous Crock Pot creation cooking in the kitchen
4. Finishing up my last photography session of the year and realizing the joy I've had capturing moments in 2013
5. A group of supportive, hilarious & talented friends in this industry. You know who you are, lovelies.
The awesome thing about gratitude that is fills your heart with beautiful warm fuzzies. What things are YOU grateful for today? I'd love to hear them - leave a comment below!
Feel free to VOTE for me (and my girl, Cheyenne - Favorite Emerging Photographer!!) before November 15th. Grateful for all of you, friends!